What is Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and links back to their blogs.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
My Response to the Eleven Questions from Peter to Me
May I meet you? Sure, let me know if you are visiting Singapore
When did you start blogging? Started blogging about eleven months ago.
What is your main purpose of starting a blog? To share my journey on simplifying my life and to keep a log on my travels and reliving them.
How do you run your blog? How many types do you post in a week? Do you actually read posts on others’ blogs? I usually post about two to three posts a week. One post on travel and another photo post (Wordless Wednesday). Sometimes, one more which is usually on ad hoc topic. And yes, I do read posts on others’ blogs.
What is your experience like in relating to other bloggers? Most of my experiences are good with a few promoting their blogs under my posts’ comments or making comments that do not relate to my posts.
Would you ever stop blogging? If no, why? I doubt I will stop blogging as it motivates me to live a more intentional life.
Is monetizing a blog a blessing or a curse? Well, that depends on how one manages his or her blog and his or her life.
Will you advise a full-time blogging either from the inception or later? I am not in the position to advice as I am blogging as a hobby.
How do you manage to blog (if you blog part-time) with your job and family? I usually spend my Saturday evening writing and scheduling my posts.
What advice will you give upcoming bloggers? Authenticity is important as readers could tell from our writing. Have your readers in mind when writing, blogging is not writing a journal, something that I always remind myself. Not forgetting, engage the blogging committee is key, an area that I did badly when I first started.
What one thing will you do differently if you are to start your blog all over? Actively read other blogs, follow and learn from other bloggers and engage the blogging committee.
Eleven Random Facts About Myself
I am the youngest in the family.
I was once a shopaholic now choose to live a life of simplicity.
I enjoy building Lego toys. Check out my last build – Cinderella’s Castle.
My first flight was to Manila for a mission trip when I was in school.
I have visited 26 countries and more than 130 cities for work and leisure.
I am a spontaneous traveller.
I turn grouchy when I am hungry.
I enjoy drinking coffee.
I would like to write a book and has been struggling to start.
I am afraid of smaller animals like cats and dogs.
I enjoy taking photographs but has been procrastinating to learn how to use a DSLR.
Nominated Blogs for the Liebster Award (Drumroll)
My Questions to My Nominees
- What is the story behind your blog’s name?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What, according to you, is the best thing about blogging?
- Where are you from and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your hometown/state/country?
- What kind of traveller are you – spontaneous or planner?
- Share your worst travel experience ever.
- What is one important lesson you have learnt in your travels?
- If you could travel back in time to meet a historical figure, who would it be and why?
- Are you a coffee or tea drinker and why?
- Are you adventurous when coming to food while you travel?
- If you have tried local specialities during your travel, which dish left a strong impression on you?
If my nominees do not wish to accept the award, no worries about it. Though I would love to know more about my fellow bloggers.