Last month, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Len of Journeys of Len Blog. I am humbled by Len’s nomination for the Liebster Award and would like to thank Len for the nomination. Check Len’s blog on his journey to different parts of the world, to see new places, exploring new cultures and meeting new people.
What is Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
My Answer to Len’s Questions…
- What inspired you to start blogging? Started the blog to share my journey on simplifying my life and to keep a log on my travels
- Do you have any difficulty at the beginning? At the beginning, I kept writing, reliving my travels as I wrote, oblivious about the blogging community. So views were few. I have a slow start.
- How do you find blogging so far? It has been good and I am learning something new every day. After blogging for five months, I asked myself what is the goal of my blog. I did some reflections and updated my About page and also share more about myself on My Story page.
- Which advice can you give to a new blogger? Authenticity is important as readers could tell from our writing. Have your readers in mind when writing, blogging is not writing a journal, something that I always remind myself. Engage the blogging committee is key, an area that I did badly when I first started and I am working hard on.
- Name five destinations on your bucket list? Rome, Egypt, Jordan, Iceland, Mongolia
- Name three Must-have items for you while travelling (mobile phones and camera do not count, as we always bring them with us)? iPad, sunglasses, emergency kit/medication
- Do you prefer local specialities or something you are familiar with like burger, pasta, etc.? Local specialities definitely
- If you have tried some specialities, which dish left a strong impression on you? That has to be balut. I tried that at my first visit to Manila. Balut is a developing bird embryo, either duck or chicken, that is boiled and eaten from the shell. The verdict is I do not like it. I took a little bit and that’s enough to leave a strong impression. Sorry, fellow bloggers and readers from the Philippines.
- Who is the most interesting person you have ever met on your journey? I guess that would be the Iranian guy I met in Beijing. I was in Beijing for business and extended a few days to visit the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. We happened to be on the same day tour to the Great Wall. As both of us were the only solo travellers in the group, we started talking to each other. On our way up the Great Wall, we were stopped by a bunch of Chinese school girls looking gaga for him. They wanted to take a picture with him but could not converse in English. I became the interpreter and photographer. Later, I found out that he didn’t have a credit card instead he carried stacks of cash with him and they were all in Euro currency.
- Assumed that you are a solo traveller, are you afraid to ask strangers for help, or maybe just take a picture for you? No problem asking for help like the direction but not asking to take a picture as I would not want to risk losing my holiday memories.
- Have you ever getting into trouble (e.g. scams, thefts, lost luggage, etc.) or any dangerous situation while travelling? How did you handle the situation? Thank God, no such bad or dangerous experience so far. Would like to keep it this way.
Here are My Nominees (Drum roll)
Rules of the Award
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and links back to their blogs. (Note from me: Pingback to this post in your post that I may not miss your response to my questions)
- Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers to receive the award and write them several new questions.
- List the rules and display the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
My Questions to My Nominees
- What is the story behind your blog’s name?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What, according to you, is the best thing about blogging?
- What is/are your goal(s) for 2017?
- Where are you from and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your hometown/state/country?
- What kind of traveller are you – spontaneous or planner?
- Share your worst travel experience ever.
- What is one important lesson you have learnt in your travels?
If my nominees do not wish to accept the award, no worries about it. Though I would love to know more about my fellow bloggers. Have a great weekend!
Thank you for stopping by and happy Living for Experiences!
Enjoyed what you read? Support me by following my blog, my Facebook page @livingforexperiences and Instagram @livingforexperiences. Share the post that you like. Every like, comment and share count! 🙂